You have significant control over the information that is shared with other Muse Frame users and the public through the privacy settings for your profile:
- We do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their marketing purposes without your permission.
- We collect information about the art played on Muse Frame to make sure artists and copyright owners get paid.
- We collect information about the channels, artworks and artists you view, like, share or bookmark, and the information you provide about yourself, to personalize your Muse Frame experience through suggestions of art, artists, galleries and other content you may enjoy, as well as advertisements and social networking features.
The types of information we collect
There are several areas where you can submit information to us, and some features that automatically collect information from the users of our Service and visitors to our website.
Information you give us:
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Service, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information, during your interactions with our Service. For example, we collect information when you:
- Register to use our Service;
- Enter information in your Profile
- Participate in polls, contests, or other features of the Service, or respond to offers or advertisements on the Service; and
- Sign up to receive email newsletters.
When you register, we ask you to provide certain information, which includes (but may not be limited to) your email address, birth year, gender, and zip code, as well as a password for your viewer account. If you choose to purchase fee-based portions of the Service, you will also be asked to provide (at a minimum) your name and credit card information.
Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties and store it in our databases with other information (including personally identifiable information) that you provide to us. Some examples of these third parties are listed below:
- Service partners and advertisers that make features available through the Service;
- Service partners through whom we allow registered users to access the Service;
- Marketing companies that create professional marketing lists or sell other marketing data;
- Other websites or applications that you have registered to use, or that people you know have registered to use, when we allow those websites or applications to interact through the Service to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites or applications may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites or applications to opt-out of such sharing.
Automatic Data Collection
Viewing Activity: Muse Frame keeps track of your viewing activity. Muse Frame uses software that is designed to ensure that artists and copyright owners receive applicable royalties for the art you view. This software identifies and counts the artwork you have accessed. Muse Frame also collects information about artists and art you have viewed or in which you have expressed an interest for advertising and social networking features.
Service partners: When you access the Service through a service partner, we may add select aspects of your registration information (such as your email address), so that we can identify which of our service partners or other sign-in pages to send to you when you log on to the Service.
Information about your computer or device: We may also collect information about the computer, mobile or other devices you use to access and view to the Service. For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device.
Advertisers, and the third-party advertising companies with whom we or our advertisers partner to deliver ads to you, may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar technology on your browser in order to collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to the Service.
How we use the information we collect:
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- To enhance the viewer experience in our network of websites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page and station performs overall based on aggregate viewer demographics and traffic patterns to those pages and channels. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, polls, contests, and message boards.
- To send you information that you agreed to receive about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Service.
How the information we collect is shared:
We may make your personally identifiable information available to other companies, websites, applications or people. For example we may share:
- Information you choose to provide in the course of your use of the Service by participating in community and social networking features such as forums, channel sharing, viewer opinions and reviews, or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- Information you allow us to share when you register with us, or through a subsequent affirmative election.
- Information used when we hire or partner with third parties to provide specialized services on our behalf, such as credit card processing, sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment, data processing, customer/support services and other products or services that we choose to make available to our registered users.
- Information about the artists, artwork, and channels you have created or viewed to via the Service.
- Your registration data, when we jointly offer certain features or services with third parties, such as service partners that make features available through the Service, business partners through whom we allow registered users to access Service, advertisers, or marketing companies. When you use these features or services, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Such third parties may have different data collection, use and sharing practices than us, and you should review their applicable privacy policies.
- We may share your information with a third party when we jointly offer a service or a feature with that third party, such as connectivity with other websites or applications, to provide personalization to the Service.
- If you unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party, we may share your removal instructions with the third party so that your email address may be added to that company's list of people to whom they will not send emails directly.
- We may share your information in connection with a merger between Muse Frame and another entity, or in the event of a transfer of all or some of our assets to another company.
- We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of Muse Frame, our business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of Muse Frame users or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
How your information may be shared with other users and the public:
How we protect your information
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personally identifiable information. Despite our efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
What are my privacy options and how can I change my settings?
To modify your registration information: Click on your profile in the upper right-hand corner of the App and select Settings. On that page, you can change all your registration information (including your email address and password). Make sure to hit Save changes when you're done.
To change your email preferences and opt-out of newsletters, promotional or marketing correspondence: If you'd like to stop receiving marketing emails from Muse Frame, click the unsubscribe link on the bottom of any email from Muse Frame.